What is Clinical Pilates?
Clinical PilatesTM was created by dma founder Craig Phillips over 25 years ago. Clinical Pilates consists of research based diagnostic and treatment techniques, utilising specialised clinical Pilates equipment such as the reformer, trapeze table and wunda chair.
Clinical Pilates is:
- An individually tailored treatment method
- Used in conjunction with mainstream physiotherapy techniques
- Provided by the most highly trained physiotherapists in the field
- Unique and very different from the generic or Fitness Pilates
- Designed to find and fix the root cause of an injury, not just the injury itself.
How can clinical Pilates help me?
- Reduce pain and safely manage your injury
- Correct poor mechanics that underlie injuries
- Greater resistance to injury
- Training your muscle groups to help your body to work safely and more efficiently
- An overall feeling of physical wellbeing, with improved posture, balance and motor control. clinical Pilates is ideal for rehabilitation, preventing further injury and for general health and well-being.
Our purpose designed, state-of-the-art studio provides a safe, controlled and accessible environment for all ages and physical abilities.
Why Pilates works better for you?
- Rapid results
- Train body/mind integration
- Develops on evenly-conditioned body with long lean muscles
- Improved control and strength
- Improved coordination and balance
- Enhanced flexibility and posture
- Low-risk exercise, therefore lesser risk of injury
- Customised training programs catered for each different individual
- Suitable for all ages, fitness levels
Pilates is widely used treatment modality and is most commonly used by:
- Women for pre and post natal rehabilitation
- Individuals wanting to improve muscular strength and tone
- Athletes and dancers for rehabilitation
- Older adults with arthritis that find weight bearing exercise painful
- Those with Osteoporosis or Osteopenia
- Individuals with chronic back and neck pain
- Individuals wanting to improve their posture
- Our Exercise Physiologist's offer one on one clinical pilates sessions using exercise mats, swiss balls, and reformers.
- Enquiries for this service can be made by contacting us for further information or to make an appointment.